The Brat Fights the Fat

March 10, 2006

San Fransisco Marathon

Those of you that read Purl's website know that she's planning on running in the Nike's Woman's Marathon in San Fran in October. She's also hoping some of us will join her. I thought about it. Went to the website, looked at all the information. Calculated how many times around the track a half marathon is and how long it would take me at my current pace. (Sorry, I'm an accountant, I can't help it). It seems doable. I started to get excited. My husband and I started talking about going down for the weekend and where we would stay and things we'd like to do and see. Then I realized that if I'm having my surgery during the summer, I probably won't be able to run by October and even if I could, I wouldn't be able to train. And training would be essential, 'cause right now I usually do about 7 - 8 trips around the track and a half marathon is almost 53. I'm actually really disappointed. It sounds like a lot of fun (well, maybe not the actual running part). I think I will try to set that as a goal for next year though.

Menu So Far:
Breakfast
bacon (7)
hashbrowns (5)
Lunch
Chicken Strips & Fries (8)
Dinner
??
Snacks
??

Water: 1L/2L
AP: 2
Days to Death Camp: 17
Sleep: 7 hrs
Vegetables: 0
posted by Krista at 8:44 AM

3 Comments:

yes my blog is mad at me..????
who knows..

4:55 PM  

Good for you for pursuing your goals.

8:00 AM  

Best regards from NY!
»

11:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home