The Brat Fights the Fat

March 05, 2006

My Son, the Enabler

Yup, my four year old son has become a great enabler already. I'm not a cookie person, I can take them or leave them. They've never been a weakness of mine. That said, there's one type of cookie I can't resist... Rainbow Chips Ahoy. I used to buy the mini ones and eat the whole bag in one sitting. Not knowing that my DH bought a bag of the regular sized ones. After my kids and I each had one, my son turns to me and says...

"if your tummy says you need to eat a cookie, that's okay. And if Katie's tummy tells her she needs to eat a cookie, that's okay too. And if my tummy says it needs to eat a cookie, well then that's fine too. Let's eat another cookie!"

So we each ate another cookie. In fact over the course of the day, we polished off the whole bag. They were soooo good.

This whole weekend has been a wash for eating. Not so much that I ate over my points, but just made really bad choices. Instead of a nice healthy lunch... I ate cookies. Instead of a nutritious dinner, I had cheerio mix. Yup, not one fruit or vegetable all weekend. Not even close to enough water. I'm pretty sure I'm PMS'ing, not that it's an excuse. I'm going after work tomorrow and restocking all my healthy food and getting back on track. I'm actual craving something healthy for dinner tonight, which I take as a good sign. I used to eat like that (but much worse) all the time and it just doesn't do it for me anymore. I think I'll go eat a cucumber now.

And for those of you that were asking about the death, I mean boot camp... here's the website of the one I've signed up for Core Boot Camp. Anyone want to join me? There seems to be a lot of them out there; maybe there's one near you. Dare ya!
posted by Krista at 1:46 PM

2 Comments:

I doubt my little crap town will have a boot camp but I will check it out...I was seriously considering rejoining women's only fitness today but thought twice about it...I just don't know if I use the membership or if the money would go to waste like before. $300 for a 7 month all inclusive membership right now...I thought that was pretty damn good...but I have a treadmill here and a serious self-esteem problem..so i may stick to working out at home. I'll be interested to hear how you do with boot camp though..keep us posted. xxx

5:20 PM  

those cookies are SO good. ugh. at least the bag is gone now. thats a bonus. just dont get anymore haha.

9:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home