The Brat Fights the Fat

February 04, 2006

Long Day

Today was a crazy day! My job involves being the finance rep for new system projects within the company I work for. So today was the pilot of one of the bigger projects I have worked on and it also coincinded with the reopening of a store. I went to the store today to see how the new systems were working and ended up staying the whole day and pretty much working with customers. It was insane. There were people lined in the aisles. I've never seen a store so busy outside of boxing day! Since I hadn't been planning on being there all day, I had on office type shoes (i.e. heels), not comfortable shoes. My feet hurt so badly that I can barely walk. Ouch! Did great on points, since I barely had time to eat anything. Despite that it was actually kind of fun to be back in retail (which I haven't done in 9 years). I have the upmost respect for people who work in retail, I don't think I could do it anymore. I'm just not patient enough.

Menu so far:
Breakfast
Donut (4) <--- they were giving them away and otherwise I wouldn't have eaten at all
Lunch
1/2 Turkey & Cheese on Sourdough (6)
Dinner
Fish Sticks (5) <--- These are ranch and are actually pretty good
Oven Fries - Garlic & Rosemary (3) <--- These are really good!!

Water: 0.5L/2L
AP: Does standing for 9 1/2 hours count?
posted by Krista at 7:23 PM

4 Comments:

Mmm the fries sound yummy!! Hopefully you're feet will feel better in the morning!!

10:22 PM  

The fries are from Costco and they're more like wedge potatoes and are frozen and delicious.

And my feet feel much better today thank you!

9:57 AM  

Working with customers all day is one thing (it's a good thing I don't!), but doing it in uncomfortable shoes is a whole other level of hell. My sympathies!

And, thanks for the link!! Glad you're enjoying. :D

7:01 PM  

I found similar fries at Zehrs today, they are called Roasters I think McCain makes them. They are pretty yummy!!!

7:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home