The Brat Fights the Fat

May 17, 2007

Fooled You!

I bet you thought I'd disappeared again. That I'd made the big post about coming back and then fizzled out. Well... HA! Not this time baby! It's been an absolutely crazy week.

At work for the last month and a half we've been dealing with a major issue. One of our systems changed to a different program and some numbers have gone awry. Given that I'm an accountant, numbers going awry is a major problem. We've been working like to dogs to try to figure out what happened and how to fix it. It's gonna probably take another month to sort through it all (I work for a fairly large corp). I won't go into any boring details 'cause, well, they're boring, but I gotta tell you, there's nothing like a major issue to show you just how little you know. In case that wasn't causing me enough stress... I have my performance review today. And for the first time in a long time, I don't think it's gonna be a good one. *sigh*

I have to give a speech at Toastmasters (our corporate club). It's my last one before getting my competant toastmaster pin. It's supposed to be inspirational. Originally, I was going to do the speech on my weight loss journey. Of course that was the plan, back when there was something inspiring about it. Since I've pretty much done nothing for almost a year, it's kinda hard to use that. But I can't think of anything else to inspire people with/about. *sigh*

It doesn't help that my biggest loser type competition has completely fallen off the map. One of the main drivers/motivators of that competition has had a personal issue that prevents her from being as involved. I don't blame her, she has to take care of that, but I miss her inspiration and heckling. I haven't officially weighed in in three weeks, and if I did right now, I'd be up again. *sigh*

Now that I've done pathetic to the Nth degree, on a positive note... I have taken tomorrow off and Monday is a holiday, so I have a four day weekend!!!
posted by Krista at 8:15 AM

1 Comments:

I can harass you if you like ;)

10:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home