The Brat Fights the Fat

January 01, 2007

Welcome 2007!

Well, the new year is here and for most of us, the resurgence of the diet. How many of us have dieting as some part of our new years resolution?

This year, I'm not setting myself up for failure. I always fail at new years resolutions, so instead I'm going to steal an idea from Grandma Jo. She always picks something fun, something that I'll want to do. Her new years resolution is to have more fun. I think mine will be to spend more time on the floor. Sounds odd doesn't it, but what I mean is that I plan to spend more time on the floor playing dolls, colouring, roughhousing, playing dinosaurs, etc.

While I'm not doing a diet related new years resolution, I have joined a 2007 challenge. My new years resolution and my reason for participating are the same. My goals for January are to lose 4lbs this month, to exercise 3 times each week and to stay OP at WW (including flex and AP). I think they're reasonable goals, so wish me luck. And wish the rest of the challengers luck too!

This week will be the most challenging of January. Work will be crazy and stressful and I have an assignment due tomorrow. It will be a good test of my resolve. I'm looking forward to getting back to regular posting too. I've missed this. I have been trying to keep up with your blogs, but have been primarily a lurker.

Anyway, I hope everyone had a great holiday!
posted by Krista at 1:26 PM

4 Comments:

I'm excited to be in this challenge with you this year and look forward to supporting you and learning more about you throughout the year.
Good luck with your resolution, and I'm sure that together we can all pull off our weight loss goals this year.

7:52 AM  

So glad you joined the Challenge! And I love the idea of a resolution that's "fun," like spending time on the floor! Maybe mine will be something like "schedule more date nights with hubby." ;)

9:34 AM  

That's a wonderful resolution!! I miss my daughter so much sometimes and all I want to do is lay on our floor and stroke her hair!! Good luck on your goals. I am sure that 2007 will be a great year for all of us!!!

12:45 PM  

Hi Krista!!!

This is my first visit to your blog, but it won't be the last. I have also joined the 2007 challenge and I look forward to encouraging you and the others. I am just a blog away.

Best Wishes in 2007!!!

5:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home