The Brat Fights the Fat

January 08, 2007

Recap of Week 1

While I didn't quite meet all of my 2007 Challenge goals for Week 1 of the challenge, I did better than I would have without the challenge.

I did stay within points. I did drink my water and eat better. I did not get my exercise in. Maybe, I could have pushed myself harder and found the time. But after working a 12 hour day, coming home to small kids (both of whom are sick and want Mommy), I just didn't have the energy. I'd get home and cuddle my daughter, who'd fall asleep on my lap. I'd put her to bed and then spend time with my son until he went to bed, at which point, my daughter would wake up. By the time both kids were in bed, all I wanted to do was have a few minutes to myself and then get some sleep. I used to workout in the mornings, but these days it doesn't seem to matter what time I set my alarm for, I can't seem to get out of bed until 6:30 am.

This week should be better.

Wednesday I join a WW group at work. It should be interesting to have WW meeting with people I work with. I have been an online member of WW for years, but have attended meetings. Hopefully it will help.

I haven't taken part in the fridge challenge yet, but will try to that this week. It's a bit of a disaster right now and I'm not as brave as those of you that posted before and after pics of their fridges. Once my reaches the after state, then I'll post the pic. (sorry, but my Mom reads this site).

That's all for now...

Labels:

posted by Krista at 2:49 PM

12 Comments:

Krista,

It must be hard to get on program with two small children, especially when they are sick. Hugs to you!!!

As far as the WW at work. When I first joined it two years ago it was easy. No one knew I was doing the meetings. At time went on, people started to pick up on it and then the pressure came. I was down for awhile as I felt like every one was watching me, waiting for me to fail. I had to tell myself that I was doing this for me, not them (some of them can say some evil things). This time I am doing it a little more discretely. If someone knows, it won't be because I am telling them. I need the meetings, they hold me accountable.

I don't want to scare you off from your meetings at work. Every place is different, I believe you will be fine.

Here is to a happy and healthy week!!!

3:27 PM  

Hey there - good job on staying on points and drinking your water! If the kids are better - maybe this week you will be able to do some exercise - even 10 minutes is good.
I think WW @ Work will be great! You'll have to keep us posted on how it goes.

5:46 PM  

Not so much replace you with R.McA.......but in addition to......

6:34 PM  

Us Moms rock! You did a great job last week, despite challenges at home and we're all very proud of you!

That's cute that your mom reads your blog! All my coworkers read my blog because I started it during my extreme makeover, but I never shared it with my family. LOL!

6:56 PM  

Congrats on meeting some of your goals! Don't be too hard about the exercise goal, sometimes life just gets in the way. You can always do better there next week...

Hope your kids feel better soon.

8:34 PM  

Great work on meeting some of your goals this week! And dont even worry about not getting in the excercise... two sick kids at home AND working... thats amazing right there!

Just hang in there and do your best! Sounds like you're doing a great job so far!

6:35 AM  

Mom is always job #1!! Don't be too hard on yourself if you let Woman be job #2 this week!! It will even out once the little ones feel better!! You still did a great job!!

9:01 AM  

Congrats on meeting some of your goals! Healthy living is a journey, and there's always obstacles and challenges along the way. Being able to get through them and come out on the other side is the important thing! You're doing a great job!

9:36 AM  

I can relate to trying to exercise while working & wrangling kids. Especially when the kids are sick, it just drains you doesn't it? Good job on your goal of exercise 3 times a week. That's exactly the goal I just gave myself. I think setting a goal for any more is just asking for trouble. 3 times a week is possible!

1:21 PM  

Wow, I don't blame you for passing on the exercise, it's hard enough with working that many hours, but then having two young kids on top of it all? I say you have the right to slack because when the heck were you supposed to fit it in?! Good for you for doing the other stuff though, and keep up the good work.

Looks like you haven't posted for awhile, so I hope all is well and that your kids are feeling better. Talk to you later.

12:49 PM  

...just stopping in to check on you...hope all is well.

12:30 PM  

Keep up the good work Krista!

Oh and by the way you have been tagged :) check my blog.

9:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home