The Brat Fights the Fat

February 20, 2007

Motivation, where did you go?

I haven't been a very good participant in the 2007 Challenge. I especially apologize to Tee as I haven't done anything to support and encourage my February partner. I will try to make it up to her for the rest of the month.

I haven't felt very motivated and I haven't been following any of the guidelines that I need to succeed.

There is a bit of light at the end of the tunnel...
For the first time in the 11 years I've known my husband, he is actually paying attention to what he is eating and is trying to get healthy. His boss has started a biggest loser type competition and we've both joined.

I'm very excited for my husband (though I'm sure his body will go into shock at the introduction of vegetables). It's also good for me. I find the desire to set a good example and teach him what I've learned about eating healthy. I find it much easier to eat healthy myself when he's not bringing bad things into the house (you can call him the Slurpee King). Also, one of the other competitors is really egging me on and I'm determine to blow her doors off!!

I'll try to get back into the blogging world. Though I might need to cut down on some of the blogs I read. Seeing the bloglines pop up saying I have a 151 entries to read is somewhat daunting and I find I'm just ignoring all of them.

Thank you for all of the comments, especially in the absence of posts and reciprocation! I will make an effort to live up to your encouraging words and support and to finally return the favour.

P.S. If anyone want to see the nastier side of my weight loss, check out the blog I started for those of us in the Biggest Loser type competition...
posted by Krista at 5:00 PM

3 Comments:

hey - welcome back!
good luck - having your husband on board is really going to help!

6:45 PM  

Welcome back! I've though about you a few times while you've been away from your blog. I think you will do better now that your husband is trying to do the same thing.

6:53 AM  

Hi Krista,

Nice hearing (reading) from you!! No need to apologize to me, I understand!!! Just remember that I am here for you!!!

4:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home