The Brat Fights the Fat

September 11, 2006

2996 Tribute - Thomas P. Hologan


A Fallen Hero – Firefighter Thomas P. Holohan Jr.

I’m not a very eloquent writer, but when I hear about this tribute, I felt I had to take part. I signed up and was assigned a victim. Call it fate, call it coincidence, but the victim I was assigned really touched a cord inside me. As the daughter of a firefighter, and a wife and mother myself, I can only image the pain and loss the friends and family of Thomas must be feeling. My thoughts are with them today and always.

He was a firefighter. He was a husband. He was a brother. He was a friend. He was a father and he was a hero. Like many of the heroes from that day, he entered the Twin Towers to try to help and save others. Some might say, that’s what firefighters do, but Firefighters are trained to battle the fires and save lives while minimizing the danger to them. 9/11 was different. Those brave men and women that entered that building would have realized how much more dangerous this job would be and went anyway.

Firefighter Thomas Holohan was 36 years old when he died. He was from Chester, NY and came from a large and loving family. He had three beautiful children and a loving wife. I won’t try to talk about who he was, as I never met him, but reading the stories that friends and families have written about him, I wish I did. I encourage you to follow some of these links and learn more about what an amazing man he was and the legacy of love and friendship he left behind. Thank which ever God you believe in that we have heroes like Thomas in our world.


Links
Thomas P. Hologan
Thomas Hologan: A Solid Rock that Guided his Family
Thomas and Colleen





posted by Krista at 9:37 AM

2 Comments:

Thank you for sharing Thomas's story with us..

My thoughts and prayers were with all the families on this 5th Anniversary of 9/11.

God bless you,

Hugs,
BrassyLady (2,996 blogger)

You may visit my tribute at:

http://www.geocities.com/brassylady57/InMemoryOf/MarkandStephenColaio.html

6:44 PM  

Krista,

I tried to send you an email about the challenge, but it was sent back to me. Can you send me an email, so I can give you the details again? The new week starts this Thursday, so you could join a team.

10:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home