The Brat Fights the Fat

August 08, 2006

Heigh Ho! Heigh Ho! Off to Work I go!

Well, I'm back to work today. Mixed feeling about that. It'll be good to be back on track, to use my mind, to get out of bed before 10 am, but at the same time, I have to get out of bed before 10 am. I was kinda getting used to the life of leisure. Playing video games, reading books, being useless. Sure, I was bored out of my tree, but it was still kind of nice. Now I actually have to start showering everyday and doing my hair and wearing something other than althetic shorts and a t-shirt. *sigh*

Oh and I guess I have to start back on being good. I ate really well the first week (well, once I started eating again), mainly due to the fact that my Mommy & Daddy took very good care of me and fed me nice nutricious and delicious meals. I've been less good the second week as I'm back at home. My DH has been taking good care of me, but his cooking skills are shall we say limited. But now that I'm back to the real world, it's time to get real with the food too. DH will still have to do most of the cooking for another couple of weeks, but I'll be much more involved in choosing the menu and supervising the cooking (sorry Scott). After going through all the pain, etc. of the surgery I don't want to gain weight and undo the results. 'Cause the first place I gain weight is in my breasts.

Plus, now that I can actually see my stomach I'm a lot more aware of it and need to get rid of it.
posted by Krista at 10:05 AM

2 Comments:

Glad to hear you're doing so well - and back to work already! Except for the getting up before 10am part... :D

11:28 AM  

glad you are up and about and feeling good. Your husband is a jewel..my husband would have never bought the whole, "You need to cook b/c I can't" thing. I was cooking etc again about a week post op.

Hope work goes okay!! Don't overdo it! Bet you look fab.

7:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home