The Brat Fights the Fat

April 27, 2006

New Puppy!!


We're picking up our new puppy at the airport tonight!!! I'm so excited!!

Her name is Angel & she's a 1 year old Havanese (Cuban version of the Bishon Frise). She's sable in colour and very cute.

I'd pretty much given up hope that we'd have a dog again. My daughter and I are both allergic and we'd had to find another home for our last dog because of DD's allergies. Well, Angel is one of those hypoallergenic breeds. So she still might affect our allergies a bit, but significantly less than most other dogs. As long as we keep her out of DD's room & vacuum lots (thank goodness for our nanny), it should be good. My DD is obsessed with puppies and will be so excited. For a two year old, she's amazingly gentle with little dogs. It's going to be a bit of an adjustment for me, I'm used to big dogs... dobermans & Rottis primarily. This will be my first puntable dog. But, if I have a choice between no dog and a puntable, I'm all for the puntable.

She's coming all the way from New Brunswick. And she understands French (which freaks DH out, 'cause he's hopeless with french, whereas I'm pretty much bilingual (though a little rusty).) The breader we're getting her from has three kids, the youngest of which is 3, so she's used to kids!! And she's crate trained and housetrained which will make life easier. Have I mentioned that I'm excited yet??!!??

I'll post a picture of her as soon as she gets here!! The kids won't see her until they wake up in the morning!! I'm taking the day off tomorrow to spend with Angel & the kids!! Weee!! We're getting a puppy!!! Weee!!


Update:
We picked her up around 9:30 pm tonight. She's so cute! She was pretty nervous when we first got her (I'm guessing her first solo flight and leaving her family was a bit traumatic), but even with that she was so well behaved. I let her come to me and by the end of the evening she was cuddling with me on the couch. I can't wait for the kids to meet her tomorrow. Night!


Food so Far:
Cheetos (4)
Nestea (0)
Oreo Thins (2)
Subway (6)

Water: 0.5L/2L
Sleep: 6.5
AP: 0
posted by Krista at 11:50 AM

9 Comments:

You are so lucky! I can't wait to get a dog, we are looking at a Goldendoodle cause they don't shed. The name sounds stupid, but they are beautiful, more golden retriever than standard poodle. can't wait to see pics!

12:37 PM  

Austin

Says Woofity woof woof woof

Which means

He can't wait to meet Angel

See I'm bi lingual as well!

See you Friday Angel for Walkies!

2:25 PM  

Congrats! How very exciting it is to get a new family memeber with 4 legs! ;) I know your excitement as I just got a new addition too, and so I am very happy for you. Have fun tomorrow!!! :)

6:15 PM  

I really want a Bishon Frise and I'm trying to convince my parents to get one when they retire. I can't wait to see pictures!! Have lots of fun!

9:16 PM  

How cute! Your kids are going to be ecstatic!

4:52 AM  

that is one cute pup Krista...
those lucky kids, they will be over the moon.

7:22 AM  

Um if you see the puppy suddenly disappear in late July....don't look at me!!!

L

2:27 PM  

Aw, have fun Chicka. The kids will be beyond excited.. hhehehe.

I love little dogs, I'm definately a Terrier person.. I hope everything goes smoothly!

Have a great weekend with the Dog and the kids!

6:01 AM  

Awww she's so cute, I want her!!

6:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home