The Brat Fights the Fat

April 13, 2006

Good Friends

Good friends make all the difference in the world. I've been feeling pretty down. Mainly due to money issues (we just found out money we were expecting to come any day has now been delayed another month). It's tough when you're expecting the money and you make plans and then nada. A lot of the plan that we've made may not happen now thanks to the delay. Plus money's a bit tight right now (due to the time of year - my DH is a painter) and it would really come in handy. I was so looking forward to not having to worry about money for a little while.

Anyway, last night when I was feeling blah, I chatted with a friend of mine, who made me feel much better. This morning the blues were back with a vengeance, to the point that I was thinking of taking the day off. Then my wonderful bestest friend (in Canada - don't want to offend those currently in Australia!!) pops by my desk and drops off a little present. She was thinking about me even through her own stuff. It's this cute eye mask (for sleeping) with pink feathers all around the edge and it says "Mom's resting - go ask Dad". How cute is that?!? She's a lot like me in that when we're upset, we don't like a big fuss, just quiet support and she rocks at that.

Monday is my birthday (Michelle's too!!! & Purl's is today!!! Go Aries Women!!) and since I've taken that day off, we're going for lunch today. We're going to White Spot, which means I can keep the points down (they have a very tasty chicken burger for 7 pts).

Bootcamp Update...
Melissa has been taken over by SATAN!! That's the only explanation I can think of. She's lost most of her voice, and is determined to torture us for her misery. Our warmup, you ask? 10 minutes of 12 chair squats, 12 standing pushups, 12 karate kicks per leg and running back to the beginning & starting all over again. Wee that was fun. Then we have our usual strength circuit. No big deal, right? I can do this. WRONG!! After each card (which is designed to torture you in itself and lasts 55 seconds), we got to do a full minute of cardio... yup... bicept curls, jumping squats, tricept curls, jumping jacks, scissor crunches, ski jumping... you get the picture. I seriously contemplated just sitting down in the shower and spending the morning there. Maybe even had a nap (though knowing my luck, I would have drowned). Tomorrow is a special class... we're going to a local park to run the trails/hills. I hate hills. I can't breathe on hills. Is it wrong that I'm hoping my DH will have to work so that I won't be able to go?

Menu So Far:
BREAKFAST
Rice Cakes (2)
OJ (1)
LUNCH
White Spot Chargrilled Chicken Burger (7)
Diet Pepsi (shhh, don't tell my Dad I'm having aspertame!!) (0)
Fries (it's my birthday lunch and I need to splurge a bit)

Water: 0.5L/2L
Sleep: 6.5 hrs
AP: 3
Bootcamp Countdown: 13 down, 6 to go.
posted by Krista at 8:17 AM

6 Comments:

You're doing great with bootcamp. I admire your drive and determination.

Keep it up!!!
and yes...Yay Aries!!!! Go controlling, stubborn women!!! ;)

6:56 PM  

Wow - bootcamp sounds really challenging, but you're actually getting through it! That's awesome!

The sleeping mask sounds really cute, LOL!

Happy Easter!

5:17 AM  

You're doing so well with that Bootcamp thing Hun, good job!

I hope you're feeling a little less blue today, it is the weekend afterall - so that's better than any other day of the week right there. Heh.

Have a happy Easter, and Bday if I don't get talking to you!

6:03 AM  

Hope you all have a great Birthday! HAVE FUN AT LUNCH!

2:30 PM  

Happy birthday!!

(and I'm sure you kicked ass on those hills at bootcamp on Friday!)

7:59 PM  

Excellent, love it! Commercial smoker ovens funniest answering machines Barracuda car alarms eczema psoriasis Mens microkini swimwear acuvue 2 glasses discount teens sexy photo free boyd regency v waterbed mattress Babe ruth timeline Ladies thong swimwear ryder eyewear 2b mavericks http://www.acyclovirherpessimplex.info/Waterbeds.html Danger posed to aircraft rci timeshare rci Washington sport psychologist Abdominal fitness mil spec printer cartridge Lamictal generiek arizona alpine water bed prices adult hardcore pics

8:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home