The Brat Fights the Fat

April 20, 2006

Only one More Day of Bootcamp!!

Well, tomorrow is my last day of bootcamp. I went to 17 of the 20 classes. That's 17 hours of exercise over 4 weeks. Not bad. We'll do a timed 1 km run and compare it to our time at the beginning. Plus timed crunches & push ups. Then we'll do a circuit while we wait for our turn to retake all of our measurements. I expect my thighs and arms to be bigger (I've gained some serious muscle) and the rest to be smaller. I can't wait to see. My coworkers are signing up for the next session. I'm not. I want to give my legs a bit of time to rest and heal. Then after a couple of days off, I'm going to workout on my own and incorporate what I've learned into my workout. I want to see what I can do on my own and if I can strengthen my legs before going back. I'll definitely go back as it was the best workout I've ever had. I think it'll be good to switch things up for a bit too; do some biking & swimming, etc.

The speech went pretty good. It was the research your topic speech for toastmasters and I chose diabetes. My dad has Type I and I'm at risk. I think that I got a couple of people thinking, so that was good. It was interesting, through my research I found a risk assessment test. Since I've recently gone from sedentary to active, I did the test twice. Once with exercise & once without. By adding exercise, I dropped my risk factor from 12 (high is 10+) to 7 (3 - 9 is low to med). Pretty cool, huh? I guess I better keep it up, eh?

I think I'm going to go have some bacon for breakfast (thanks for sharing your craving, Goobie!)
posted by Krista at 8:17 AM

3 Comments:

Congrats! You did amazingly. Can't wait to see the results :)

9:01 AM  

Awww.. I'm sorry Chicka, but bacon is so yummy. Usually I just cook up like a couple pieces and have that, that way I get to have the taste without over eating. Cause putting an entire plate of bacon infront of me is just mean!

Well, enjoy the bacon, cause you deserve it. Congrates on the bootcamp thing, glad you enjoyed it.

9:33 AM  

YAY to 1 more day! 17 of 20 you say? You rock!! I don't think I could of done that many days! I can't wait to hear your results!

7:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home