The Brat Fights the Fat

April 04, 2006

I need a vacation!

Okay, I'm really ready for a holiday. To go lie on a beach somewhere and read countless books and sleep in and go for nice long walks in the sand. Swim in the ocean. Nap under a beach umbrella. Yup, that's what I need. I'm tired. I'm tired of arguing with my son over whether or not he eats his dinner. I'm tired of getting up really early with not enough sleep. I'm tired. I just want a break. Other than the occassional long weekend, I haven't had a holiday (where I actually went somewhere) since my mini-moon (mini honeymoon - we had one night & two days in Whistler) six years ago. And before that my last holiday was when I was nineteen (went to Mexico with a friend). I'm so ready for another holiday. I just realized, I only vacation once every six years... 19... 25... 31 ('cause I'm going somewhere this year!!) . Should I mention that my DA, I mean DH goes on an ANNUAL golf holiday!! He owes me big time!! In fact, I believe he owes me 5 holidays!!
If you could go anywhere for a holiday right now... where would you go? What's your favourite vacation spot?

Bootcamp update... I hate squats. Enough said.

Apparently, I have a lot of sins...

Greed:Medium
Gluttony:Medium
Wrath:Very Low
Sloth:Medium
Envy:Medium
Lust:Very High
Pride:High



Discover Your Sins - Click Here

Menu so Far:
Breakfast
OJ (1)
Rice Cakes (4)
Lunch
??
Dinner
??
Snacks
??

Pts: 5/22
Water: 0.5L/2L
Sleep: 7 hrs
AP: 3
F&V: 1
Death Camp Countdown: 7 days down, 13 to go
posted by Krista at 8:22 AM

6 Comments:

Vacations are not a luxury...they are a necessity! We just got back from a week in Maui. It was very nice - would have been even nicer if DS wasn't along because then I wouldn't have had to work but it was fun to experience fun in the sun through his eyes. And this weekend I'm heading out with 3 girlfriends for some fun sans husbands and kids. Three whole days with nobody making a request of me! Woo-hoo!

12:50 PM  

you're doing great Krista

HAWAII HAWAII HAWAII!!! Need I say more???

2:08 PM  

Can't believe you are still going to death camp...Awesome Girl! Squats or no squats, you are doin great!

Holiday...me I lived for 19 years in Santa Cruz, California. Around the beach all the time when I was growing up! I need to go back again! It has been awhile. My favorite vacation spot is Cannon Beach Oregon though! It is on the Oregon Coast and is where hubby and I spent 4 wonderful days of our honeymoon! Love it!

2:32 PM  

hm...my vacations have been rather limited too - only two "real" ones in the last 9 years! The rest have all been purpose trips: visiting. We even combined our honeymoon with a job interview. Sad, sad, sad.

So, favourite?? I don't get that picky. :D BUT...I'm desparate to get to Ireland and/or Scotland. And I would definitely head back for more time in Tofino in the future. But there's so many places to go...why go back anywhere?

5:11 PM  

Um apparently you have a lot of lust... I think your husband must be very lucky ;)

Agreed - squats suck. Keep it up. You're doing great :)

6:16 AM  

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

1:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home