The Brat Fights the Fat

March 28, 2006

Well, that was a Short Challenge

Yup, failed that challenge already. Had a Rye & Pepsi and figured since I was out of the challenge anyway, had a couple of cookies too. I'm not making excuses, I didn't have to abandon the challenge, but here's the story behind the lapse...

My DD is anemic. She has her follow up appointment with the pediatrician on Friday to see if the iron supplements are helping and whether or not it was a diet issue or something more serious. In order for them to determine that, DD had to have another blood test. I'm not sure if I mentioned the last one, but it took 5 adults to hold down one 22 month old and it took two arms. So DA (or aka Dumb Ass or my husband) has known about this for weeks. I reminded him on the weekend. Suddenly after hardly working at all for the last two months he's too busy at work to go with us. Bullshit! It's not like I was asking him to leave in the middle of the day, we were going to do it after work. Anyway, I won't dwell on that. Luckily Grandma is an amazing woman and came with me. It was hell. My DD is very strong and after boot camp, I didn't have the strength to hold her down, so Grandma sat and held her in her lap while I held down the other arm. By the end, we were all covered with a sheen of sweat and I'm sure the poor technician who took the blood had to either go for a drink, a cigarette or a good cry. It was awfull.

So when I got home, I made myself a drink. I'm not giving up on the challenge, 'cause it's a good one. I'll just pretend yesterday never happened and that it's a 6 day challenge.

Oh and get this, you'd think, knowing he was in the doghouse, DA would be trying to get out... apparently not. I had asked DA to put my boots in my bag for work the next day (I go to boot camp and then straight to work, where I shower and get ready). Guess who's wearing sneakers with her nylons today. Yup, very sexy! At least I'm wearing pants and not a skirt. Way to go DA! When I called him on the boots, his response was "I couldn't find them" Ya think maybe it would have been helpful to know that before I was on my way out the door? When I'm already running late? Argh!

Anyway... Bootcamp update:
Today was actually pretty good. Didn't hurt nearly as much as I thought I would. Thanks for all the great comments! Did some running up a bit of a slope, with stairs and then some circuit training... lunges, bicept curls, skip rope, squats, tricept curls, plank, crunches, etc. and then a power walk with weights. All in all not as bad as I thought it would be. Apparently Thurday will be the hardest day to get out of bed.

Menu So Far:
Breakfast
Oatmeal (3)
Lunch
Beef Barley Soup (2)
Bun w/ Margarine (4)
Dinner
Lean Cuisine SKillet Sensations (6)
Snacks
Cheerios (4)
Cheerio Mix (4)
BBQ Peanuts (5.5)
Taco Chips (3)

Pts 29.5/22

Water: 1.5L/2L
Sleep: 7.5 hrs <-- might have something to do with feeling better today
F&V: 1
AP: 3
Death Camp Countdown: 2 down, 18 to go
posted by Krista at 7:41 AM

3 Comments:

hey you...
sorry you had such a shitty day!! That bites eh? Today is a new day!!!

Guess what...our birthdays are on the same day...I'll be 34 of April 17th...my dad is April 16th! Weird eh?? Even though you are probably 10 years younger!!! damn you youngens!

8:11 AM  

Yay! I didn't realize you were starting bootcamp this week - sounds intense :)

Don't worry you'll hurt less next week... actually that's not true. Just remember minus 2%+ bodyfat!!

6:26 PM  

Congrats on going to Boot Camp, I doubt I'd have the guts to!!

7:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home