The Brat Fights the Fat

March 31, 2006

1 Week Down & 3 to Go

Actually Purl, I think this is one of the best things I have down (outside of marriage, kids, etc.). I'm not saying it isn't hard to get up every morning and that I'm not sore and stiff and exhausted. It's an amazing workout, very challenging, but at the same time since you do so many things and each class is different, the hour just flies by. And I definitely know I'll see some real changes in my body by the time I'm done.

Anyway... today's bootcamp class:
Who ever knew there were that many different ways of doing lunges and squats.


Yup, did them all today. And whoever invented the skipping rope should be strangled with it. I have nightmares about being tied up with one of those bloody things. I'm amazed that I haven't tripped and gone flying yet. 'Course there's still 3 weeks to go and they're mighty fond of those stupid black strings of torture. Today's class started with a nice jog mixed with sprints. Weee! Then we did a cardio circuit (squat, skip, lunge, skip... you get the picture). 15 stations, 45 seconds each. If you survived that, you were rewarded with an weight circuit (bicept curls, crunches, shoulder presses, the plank, etc). Again 15 stations, 45 seconds each. Though it was pretty cool, 'cause Reg asked if I did weight training. ha ha ha. Not likely. But apparently my technique is really good and that's 90% of the battle. Yay Me!!

Tomorrow I get to sleep in na na nanana!

Menu so Far:

Other Stats:

posted by Krista at 7:48 AM

8 Comments:

Good Job! You are my hero! Keep up the great work.

7:44 PM  

I am impressed with your dedication! That bootcamp sounds really hard.

7:08 AM  

Wow I'm so glad you're enjoying it. It really does suck getting up but you do feel great eh? I'm so proud of you!

7:15 AM  

you're doing great Krista
even your breakfasts have improved!!!! Nary a pepsi or cheerio in sight!

Keep it up you rockstar!!

8:47 AM  

I just noticed your rewards for reaching your goals list on the right hand side of your Blog, cool idea. ~Smiles~

12:50 PM  

a frinedly suggestion for uping the fruits and veggies... I cut up celery, carrots, red peppers and sugar snap peas on Sunday eves, then fill up snack size baggies with them. Each baggie holds about 1 c, or 1 serving. Toss in a couple of apples and by dinner, you snacked your way through them. I know it's difficult, but I can tell by your posts that your comitted. Keep it up!

4:17 PM  

I am amazed with you! Keep it up. The momentum is rolling. It might be sore, but it is rolling.

7:57 AM  

That's a great story. Waiting for more. » »

11:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home