The Brat Fights the Fat

March 29, 2006

Back to the Old Challenge

Okay, it seems the more I try to do the no junk food challenge, the more I crave it. Yup, even after my declaration that I was not abandoning the challenge, I was actually worse. I think that this particular challenge is having the opposite effect for me. It triggers my naughty side... hehe, I'll just have this one little piece of chocolate because I'm not allowed.. hehehe. Thoughts kinda like that floating in my head. So as to not give up completely, I'm going to try to stick to last week's challenge instead as that one actually worked for me. Power to those of you who can give up junk food! And thanks for all the nice comments! Sorry that I haven't been commenting on your blogs. I will try to do so tonight!

Bootcamp update...
I can tell you that running in gravel and trying to pretend you're running on the beach in Mexico isn't nearly as much fun as actually running on the beach in Mexico. It's hard to maintain the illusion when you can see your breath. It was a good workout. Lots of things burning. Hopefully some of it fat. I'm a bit worried 'cause my calves and shins are sore. I've had problems with shin splints in the past and really don't want to get them this time. Not when I'm feeling good and accomplishing something. Any suggestions on how to prevent or treat them?
My doc's response was do less. He suggested water running. Great idea, but it ain't going to get me through the next 3 1/2 weeks of bootcamp.
It was nice to see that everyone seems to be struggling and I'm not the only one that has to modify some of the exercises. Only thought about throwing the weight at Melissa's head once this class, which is a bit of an improvement. It was after she made us do the tricept curls... we'd done ten and just as we're about to put our weights down in relief she says "okay, now do ten pulsing tricept curls... and then she made us do ten more pulses... and then ten more... I was getting a bit annoyed, but then as we're lowering the weights, she says "okay, now ten more full tricept curls". She is SATAN!! And worse than that, she's a PERKY SATAN!! And I won't even get started on Reg, her boyfriend and the other trainer.
For those of you that commented about the bootcamp and said you could never do it... you could. I'm not an in shape person by any stretch of the imagination. It's only an hour and everyone does what they can. In the last class they had one woman that just did it half heartedly and she lost 1/2 in off all her measurements.

Menu so Far:
Breakfast
Oatmeal (3)
Lunch
Rice w/ Meatballs (8)
Dinner
Cibatta Chicken Sandwich (6)
Fries (4)
Snacks
Cheerio Mix (2)
Rye & Coke (5)

Pts: 28/22
Water: 0.5L/2L
Sleep: 6.5
AP: 3
F&V: 1.5
Death Camp: 3 down, 17 to go.
posted by Krista at 7:51 AM

6 Comments:

Yes, this isn't an easy challenge at all...I am ok so far, but I am dreading the weekend...I already know I will be eating out at least 3 times..

9:19 AM  

I think that's true for most people. Tell us we can't have it and we want it more!

Sounds like you're doing really great at boot camp. I'm rooting for you.

9:54 AM  

Wow, that whole boot camp thing sounds freaky to me, but it's great that you're able to do it.

Yeah, like I said on my Blog, today was my hardest day - but I've managed so far.. only what.. 4 days more? Bleh. Good thing I'm not that fond of Chocolate.

I've had shin splints before.. not sure how you're supposed to prevent them? Shouldn't stretching and such help that? Maybe some slow walking? I'm not sure, time does, but meanwhile they hurt like Hell. I'm surprised your Doc couldn't give more advice then stop exercising so much or intensly. I think I would have been like.. we'll duh. If I stop working out, of course they wont be a problem...

3:56 PM  

I am the same way--if it is forbidden, then I want to rebel and have it all the more! Good for you for sticking with it.

5:03 AM  

Excellent, love it! » » »

6:45 PM  

That's a great story. Waiting for more. » »

7:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home