The Brat Fights the Fat

March 27, 2006

Am I Insane?!?

Who's wonderful idea was it to start Cardio Death, I mean Boot, Camp and the no junk food challenge in the same day? Oh yeah, it was mine. *sigh* I'd really like some white chocolate right now.

Day 1 of Boot Camp...
Always good to start something new looking stupid. Was slightly off of the locations of the boot camp... thought it was the same place we had our assessments yesterday. Spent 10 minutes in the parking lot looking lost and feeling ridiculous while the rest of the campers were doing their 1km timed run. Figured it out just as they were getting back. Oops! I didn't do it on purpose! Honest! It was a pretty good workout... at least, I'm going to assume the fact that it hurts to drive is a good sign. Thank god the keyboard is low at work. Did I mention my arms have the consistency of over cooked fetticini (spaghetti is too thin to describe my arms)? Have you ever tried to run with a yoga ball above your head? Looks stupid. Hurts. Great fun!! Oh god, my neck is itchy... do you think anyone at work will notice if I rub my neck against the wall?

My coworkers are getting quite a laugh out of this... especially when I whimpered picking up some paper. I hope my kids don't mind if I don't hug them for a month. I'm not sure I could get my hands up to my mouch, so that should help me lose weight.

I'm really afraid of what they'll feel like tomorrow... you know, the next day when things usuallly start to hurt. Oh god.

Did I mention that even the instructors seemed incredulous and did the "wow, you're doing 5 days a week" thing when I signed up. I don't think that's a good sign. I wonder if it's too late to switch.

Will post more late... can't type anymore... owwwwiiiiiieeeee! I want my mommy.

*Update*
Is this wrong?
There are two women that I work with that have decided to join me at bootcamp. They're both very attractive, fit and skinny! Here's the "wrong" part... I'm quite happy to hear that their arms hurt too. One's arms have been shaking all morning and the other one's arms & abs hurt. Aren't I a horrible person. heheheh.

Menu So Far
Breakfast
Oatmeal (3)
Lunch
Johnny Special Sandwich (7)
Dinner
Prime Rib w/ Vegetable Soup (3)
Snacks
Rye & Pepsi (5)
Cookies (6)

Water: 1.5L/2L
Sleep: 5.5 <-- daughter woke up... was so not happy with her
F&V: 2
AP's: 3 <-- I think it should be more... it definitely feels like more
Junk Food: Pepsi & Cookies<--Damn you Michelle (just kidding, actually this challenge will be really good for me as junk is my downfall).

Days left of Death Camp: 1 day down, 19 to go
posted by Krista at 8:16 AM

6 Comments:

you'll be okay hun
I hope you are stretching..I would do an at home stretch routine tonight so you are not so stiff in the morning..IT WORKS!!! And by the end of the week, you body will be used to death camp...you are doing awesome!!! Way to go!!

8:33 AM  

Ouch. Just reading your words made me cringe! I know it won't help right now, but your body will get used to it soon!! You are far braver than I! Keep it up!

8:41 AM  

Good luck with boot camp, I know it will feel incredible when you finish even though it feels like hell now.

8:46 AM  

I feel your pain from here! Keep up the great work, I am sure you will see fabulous results.

8:55 AM  

Oh my that sounds painful! I love the "I hope my kids don't mind if I don't hug them for a month" heh! Let's hope your body gets use to the bootcamp ASAP, so you don't have to live with this pain. It will be worth it in the end....right?!! ;)

Good job!

5:35 PM  

You are sore...yes! But look at you Krista, you are doing it! Wow Girl...I am sooooo proud of you!

9:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home