The Brat Fights the Fat

February 09, 2006

Personal Trainer here I come

Today is my appointment with a personal trainer. I'm actually really excited. I have a gym at work (only $10/month) and she's meeting me here. Previously my workouts in the gym have been a little half-hearted, so I'm hoping this will jack them up. As someone who's been a nerd my whole life and never thought there would ever be anything athletic about me, it'll be great to have someone teach me what I need to do and how to do it properly. So I guess this blog will also be about my journey from couch potato to athlete. I'll update later and let you know how it went.

Update:

Well, my personal trainer was amazing. She never once made me feel bad about not being able to do all the reps. She just said the most important thing is to do as much as I can, and to be able to do more next time. She's got me doing a full body type workout with 20 minutes of cardio first. She's devised some clever methods of torture and I'm sure in a couple of days I'll be cursing her soundly. Anybody tried doing what she calls the plank? Basically you lie on your stomach and then lift yourself up on your forearms and toes and keep your body straight. I'm supposed to be working up to do 1 minute. Eventually I should be able to do 2 minutes. Today, I did... well, um... about 15 seconds. It's supposed to build the transvers abs which help hold the tummy in. I tried to draw a stick man showing the move... I don't think it was very helpful & wouldn't upload, so I found a pic online (not me). Though she looks like she's got her hips too high. Apparently you're supposed to be as flat as a plank. And yes, your whole body is supposed to shake and quiver.



Menu so far:
B
Oatmeal (3)
L
Beef Stroganoff (7)
posted by Krista at 8:06 AM

2 Comments:

Sounds like fun! Have a great workout!

8:24 AM  

Glad you like your trainer :) I'm going to have to give this "plank" thing a try, I doubt I'll even last 15 seconds :P

6:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home