The Brat Fights the Fat

February 21, 2006

Maintain Land

Since I started the Wendie plan mid week, I'm not surprised that there were no results this morning. Especially since I had a couple of pretty high points days and used way more flex points than I usually do. I feel like I'm so close to my next goal, which is a big one for me (my pre-pregnancy weight), so I'm a little disappointed. I will just have to do better this week. Getting back on track with my exercises will help. I like Crackmonkee's idea of the calendar with the stickers and will give that a try to help keep me on track.

Purl has started her boot camp and it sounded like such a great way to really get my but in gear. So I looked on the internet to see if there were any boot camps around here. Turns out the closest is in Pitt Meadows. And since they run 5:45 am - 6:45 am, I would have to leave my house a 5 am and there's no way I' make it back by my 7:30 am work start time. I emailed the boot camp to see if they were planning any classes in Surrey or Langley (I don't mind the drive, I just don't want to get stuck on a bridge or ferry in rush hour). The email I got back was so snarky. She went on about how she has someone attending from Langley that gets up at 4 am to attend and then works at 9 and how sometimes you have to make sacrifices to get what you want or excuses and how it's obvious that I've made my choice. Apparently, unless I commute 2 hours and show up late every morning and attend her little boot camp, I'm just making excuses.
Great marketing/customer service tactic. Okay, enough ranting from me. I'm going to try to use her as motivation, you know the "I'll show her" kind of mentality, and push myself harder in my own workouts.

Menu so Far:
B
OJ (1)
Oatmeal (3)
L
McDonalds Small Fries (5) <-- not entirely my fault, I'd planned a healthy lunch but my friend had to do her learners test (she was driving on a British License and can't anymore) and after 45 minutes at drivers services, we only had time to grab food on the way. McDonalds Cheeseburger (7)
D
Tuscan Wine & Garlic Chicken (4)

Green Beans (0)
Oven Roasted Potatoes (3)
S
Cheerio Mix (4)
Pepsi (2.5) <---BAD!! I'd cold turkeyed on pop BAD!!

Water: 0/2L
AP: 1 <--
Did my core exercises (made my husband do them too) Yeah!
WP: 32.5/39
posted by Krista at 9:53 AM

2 Comments:

Holy rude chick!

I agree with you - one of the main reasons I'm doing my boot camp is that I live about a five minute drive away so I have time to go home and get ready before work. Otherwise - it's just not worth it!

I'd keep an eye out - there must be tons of stuff like that happening out in Van... something is sure to come up.

4:54 PM  

Krista, let me know what you think of the Wendie plan! I have read about it. I am not on weight watchers but I am sure it can be adapted! I am very interested as I ususally lose around 30 pounds or so and then stop completely. My body just says no more losing and I have stayed on weight watchers for over a year at one time and never lost anymore. Just played with the same pound or two. Bet this would work for me. Just curious what you think after you have been on it for awhile! Come on over to Chubbytoes and tell me how you are doing.

10:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home