The Brat Fights the Fat

February 22, 2006

In the Groove

I'm actually starting to enjoy exercising... Well, okay not necessarily enjoying it when I'm doing it, but enjoy the sense of accomplishment and looking forward to doing it next time. I can see how exercise could become addictive. Who knew. As a self-proclaimed nerd and pretty much couch potato, the idea that I could voluntarily want to do exercise. It blows the mind. Go figure. The irony is that I married a jock, he played soccer for 25 years, basketball almost daily most of his life and now that he's gotten a bit out of shape, I'm the one encouraging him and showing him exercises. That's just too funny! I'm going to be the athlete and he's going to be the slug (not that I'm trying to challenge him or anything!).

My husband saw a t-shirt yesterday that said, "Fat people are harder to kidnap!" I don't know if I should be insulted or amused, so I'm going with amused and laughed hard at the image of two men in a black van drying to drag my ass of the street. (My husband was worried that everyone would think that he was saying the t-shirt was referring to me - he wasn't. Happy now, Scott?)

As I was telling Anne, I peaked at the scale this morning and was actually up a pound. My body seems to react to change a week or two behind, so I'm not letting it get to me, but it would have been nice to get closer to my next goal. I'm soooo looking forward to a day to my self... No kids... No housework... No bookkeeping... No laundry... Doesn't that sound heavenly?!?
I'll just drink more water and keep plugging away.

Menu so Far:
B
Oatmeal (3)
OJ (1)
L
WW Chicken Noodle Soup (2)
1/2 Long John Donut (2.5)
1/2 Cadbury Thin Bar (1)
D
Ranch Fish Sticks (5)
Oven Roasted Galic & Rosemary Potatoes (3)
1 small slice of my daughters dellssio pizza (2)
Pepsi (3.5)
Rye (2)
S
Nacho Chips (3)

Water: 1L/2L
AP: 3 <-- get used to seeing that there!!
WP: 28/24
posted by Krista at 8:11 AM

4 Comments:

I hope I get addicted to exercise..so far that's not happening. You are soo close to your day of leisure! Keep it up.

8:47 AM  

Ewww - you're admitting that you are addicted to exercise - hehe.

No really-I totally understand the feeling.

10:11 AM  

getting addicted does happen so insidiously!! But that is the best way

I hadn't realized you had a blog about weight loss...sorry for posting on your other blog...I take it that is to keep in touch with family etc...D'oh. I know you're here now so I'll bookmark it. :)

2:31 PM  

Where did you find it? Interesting read Build texas hold em table

4:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home