The Brat Fights the Fat

August 23, 2007

Alea is a Goddess!!

Hi Alea,

Thank you so much for the comment on my last post! (On the off chance that someone other than Alea still has my blog in their bloglines... Alea made a lovely comment on my last post. It made me feel like posting again, without making me pressured or feel guilty for not posting in a long time.)

Where have I been...

In November last year, I got a new position at work. It's been taking up a lot more time than my previous position and it seems that I'm often working in the evenings. Life just seems to have gotten busier and more stressful. I'm not making excuses. I should really try to make my health and weight a priority, but I just haven't been. I've been avoiding the blog world, because I've been ashamed of how little I've done for the last year. And reluctant to make promises to post, that I'm not sure I can keep. Things are going to get crazier before they get calmer too. My son will start Kindergarten in a couple weeks and my daughter will start preschool. DS has also joined the soccer league and DH will be coaching the team (and I'm sure I'll get roped into some role).

So here's the plan...

I'm hoping that one of the good things that comes out of September is that I will be forced back into more of a routine. I do better with a routine. I'll have to make my kids' lunch/snacks, so I might as well make mine. I'm hoping that soccer will get me out and more active, running around the field with the kids (at practice). And I'm really hoping that work will settle down once everyone is back from holidays.

Thanks for listening! Hope to post again soon!

posted by Krista at 8:06 AM

4 Comments:

Hey hon,

I've started a new one myself....you can check it out. letg me know when you want to walk.

9:44 PM  

Hi Krista! Not trying to make you feel guilty or anything...but I do miss you! I am finally off my eat everything in sight mode! (I hope) Had to get real strict with very strong boundaries for awhile. I do better that way. I tend to fudge it a little here and there and make the lines a little blurry when I am less restricted! Hope to hear from you soon!

10:11 PM  

Gee Krista, thank you so much for the very flattering title of this post!

*blush*

Obviously, I'm not so much a goddess as you made it appear... After all, I've vanished from blogland again just shortly after I left you that comment. To blog when you can sounds like a good attitude though and I'll just do the same. Life is hectic enough as it is, without us putting even more pressure on ourselves by expecting to be the perfect blogger who comes up with a witty post every single day. :)

Hope all is well with you and that this month brings you the routine that you are looking for. Take care.

1:57 PM  

Hey Krista, I don't know if you ever check your blog for new comments anymore... On the off chance that you do: Today's April the 17th and I just wanted to wish you A VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

7:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home