The Brat Fights the Fat

July 02, 2006

Back in Town!


Well, we survived camping! The kids were wonderful. The dogs were wonderful. The weather was freaking amazing. Eating... not so much.

I went up to Golden Ears Provincial Park for 10 days with my two kids, my dog and Grandma Jo, her dog and her camper. Had to share a bed with both kids (and for someone who's never slept with her kids, that was a challenge - and a beating for me, man those kids flip-flop a lot), but at least we were on a bed and not the ground. The kids were covered in dirt the whole time (except for a brief period after their baths) and loved it. We went for great hikes everyday and played in this big field. We went wading in the creek and the lake (glacier fed, so a wee bit cold). Bugs were a bit annoying, but not too bad. Did a lot of walking.

As for food... KD, Ichiban, Garlic Alfredo pasta, hot dogs, bags and bags of potato chips, a ton of pepsi, a fair bit of Rye, sugary cereal. Bad, bad stuff. I'll let you know how bad when I step on the scale tomorrow morning. I'm hoping all the walking and hiking will have ofset some of the eating.

On a good note, I did finally start running again. Three mornings last week, I put on those sneakers and went for a run around the campground. It felt great and I plan to keep it up in the coming weeks. I think I'll also bring in my personal trainer for a session to get me on track to do the most good before my surgery in just under 3 weeks.

Hope everyone has a great long weekend!
posted by Krista at 4:53 PM

6 Comments:

Great job on the running!!!
And hey!! it was a holiday, I'm glad you incorporated some of your fav. foods with your walking.

Let us know how you do tomorrow.

I am down 2lbs in 4 days on this special K thing...weird eh?? Maybe they've put speed into the special K!!

6:03 PM  

That doesn't sound so bad. Glad that you are back in the world of internet..... thought I know you won't be. Talk to you soon.

L

11:40 PM  

That sounds like a really wonderful time! Glad you had a good time besides the flip flopping! ;)

11:56 PM  

Good job on the exercising! Glad you enjoyed your vacation. Camping is cool! A good way to get lots of activity, it usually does offset the eating! Hope it does for you!

8:49 AM  

Sounds like you had a great time! I too am off on a camping trip in 11 days and I have no delusions that I'll be eating healthy. Come on...it's camping. Like I'm going to be able to pass up hot dogs and chips and s'mores (oh...and the booze!)? Like you I'm planning on getting tons of walking/hiking in hoping to counteract the effects. Don't worry about it. If you gained it's a minor setback!

9:44 AM  

Cute picture of your kids :D It looks beautiful where you were!

9:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home